Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nood gews!

So, back on July 15th I got told that the new Astonishing Adventures cyberzine had rejected my short story THE CAPTAIN AND THE QUEEN because it was too long. Not a problem; I immediately submitted my much shorter, yet even more pulpy, tale THE ELDRITCH HORROR FROM BEYOND THE NETHER VOID.

I'd heard as regards CAPTAIN AND THE QUEEN within a matter of days; it occurred to me earlier today that I hadn't heard a thing on ELDRITCH HORROR. So I sent a follow up email, and learned within an hour or so that TEHFBTNV has been accepted for publication in the 'zine's first issue. Apparently, the editor sent me an acceptance notice a few weeks ago, but it bounced, and he did not realize it had bounced, but all is well now.

No money, which is a bummer, but maybe this will lead to something bigger and better, somewhere down the line. At least, John Rogers seems to think so, so, what the fuck.

It's always nice to be wanted, but I have to admit, it's waaaaay nicer to be paid. Still, I'll take any good news I can get, these days.

Hey, entry #6 on the Zero Comment Parade. I'm rollin'!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Congratulations, B-man. Looking forward to reading the story in a couple of weeks.
    Y'know who would be a great character for their 'zine? Doc Nebula. I'd like to read his adventures as he fights his nemesis The Baron to keep the world safe for...the world, I guess. (Edit this last part to keep the good story ideas away from the general populace if necessary. And I freely give this idea in the hopes of reading a good yarn, no other compensation wanted)
    (Didn't check to see what rights they accept for the story. If they take character rights, then fuggetabout it and save that baby for something good)

    Tony C.
    http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All rights to the story and characters stay with the writer. We want nothing but the chance to collect it with other pulpy tales and put it out.

    I wish we could pay. Trust me, no one is earning a dime. I seem to be laying out a lot of dimes, but not finding any.

    Thanks for the mention!

    Editor JDC

    ReplyDelete

truth