Sunday, May 13, 2007

These little wonders

Things are stressful right now. There's stuff SuperWife and I aren't blogging about... not life, nor even marriage, threatening stuff, but, still... we're going through some things right now, and these things are undoubtedly my responsibility and my fault, and due to that, there have been many distinct moments lately when I've been disappointed in myself, when I've felt that SuperWife and the SuperKids were disappointed in me, when I've felt inadequate and full of doubt and unsure and a little bit depressed.

And then SuperWife is going through my 7 year old stepdaughter's school backpack to make sure all her homework is done before school tomorrow, and she kind of chuckles and hands me something:

We'll get through it.

Everything will be fine.

(The Baby's actual signature blurred and pseudonym provided by me, to protect the innocent.)

8 comments:

  1. It's unfortunate that we didn't learn about the parent's luncheon at her school (last week) until after the fact. I'm sure she would have loved to have had you, and/or I, join her.

    As for the other...Life is an adventure.

    Always.

    Every day.

    The girls and I love you. And you love us. The rest is what it is.

    Less important, temporary bullshit. We deal with it. We move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:09 PM

    Yeah, I'm going through some non-blogging stuff myself.
    "Life is an adventure". Heh. Y'know my Spidey-sense goes off when my wife describes something as "an adventure"?
    Of course, we offer our best wishes and mojo. If you need anything else, we ain't too hard to find.

    Tony C.
    ...curse this stupid Blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's the dumbest little things that flip everything around.

    My best wishes, too. From one "adventure" to another.

    I know you and SF have enough love to weather anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all.

    One note: no offense taken, as I know the intention behind the comment was sincere and affectionate, but I do want to say this -- I don't regard SuperAdorableKid's card, or the sentiment therein, as being anything remotely like a "dumbest little thing". I think it's profoundly sweet, something I'll treasure the rest of my life.

    Again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know me, always always ALWAYS playing Devil's Advocate, but I think the 'dumbest little things' reference may have been aimed at the non-life, non-marriage, threatening thing.

    That card has 'laminator', and 'refrigerator magnet' written all over it. Possibly even 'desktop frame suitable for display at work'.

    Whatever this bump on the path of life may be, may the steamroller of family crush it flat and smooth, and that right soon.

    Listen to some bluegrass, that'll cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a brief note, in passing -- if certain hostile entities weren't certainly still reading this blog, I'd probably have already posted an entry detailing what's currently going on, instead of being continually enigmatic.

    I should probably start a more private blog where I'd bitch about job woes and stuff. But, honestly, I'm way too busy for that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant "dumbest little thing" in the sense that our Devil's Advocate explained, in more articulate terms than I did at the time.

    I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. The card is absolutely beautiful and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yer welcome, Opus. It's all part of the service I provide.

    ReplyDelete

truth