Sunday, June 17, 2007

Traveling twice the speed of sound

It's been even more hectic than usual lately... since the wedding, really... with kid stuff and grown up stuff and life stuff in general... SuperDramaTeen's graduation, end of school and summer break stuff for the other two, incipient child support tussles with the bio-dad, hassles with the local bureaucracy, and I'm in the middle of redrafting a short story for some editors who seem to want to use it, but, you know, not if it bears even the remotest resemblance to the form in which I originally submitted it, apparently. (I suppose this is normal; I just wish I stood to make more than $20 off it... but... still, I can only hope it leads to bigger and better things.)

So if I'm behind on email or there's a comment of yours hanging somewhere on the blog I haven't responded to or I seem to be snubbing you in some other fashion I can't conceptualize right now, please understand that it's not intentional. I'm just, as that crazy redheaded guy from ROBOCOP once said on X-FILES, up to my ass in alligators. With no end in sight at the moment.

For those keeping track of these things, though, I did get a brief, preprinted, unsigned, boilerplate rejection from TOR for the reworked version of TIME WATCH (the one with the female POV) I submitted six months or so ago. So, you know, I've got that going for me. ;)

I should get some Father's Day loot when the SuperKids get home from their biodad's in a little while, though, and when you're in a position to get Father's Day presents from the SuperKids, there really can't be much of anything significant wrong with your world. Honestly.

3 comments:

  1. No worries, mate. As I'm fond of saying, keep the faith, just, you know, not in the sock drawer. (It's disrespectful.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Time Watch got bounced. It's a good story, and I hope it will find a happy home somewhere.

    Not in your sock drawe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack, my last comment got cut off. It was supposed to end:

    Not in your sock drawer, though 'cause that's disrespectful.

    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete

truth