Saturday, June 10, 2006

Onward Christian Soldiers


For a truly scary look at how our masters are going about keeping troop strength up without re-instituting a draft (which they don't want to do, because, you know, it might make us sheep uncomfortable and we might actually think about getting up off our asses and doing something about it), check out this lengthy post, liberally garnished with even scarier photographs.

I find it hard to believe this actually goes on in my America, but then, this sort of thing isn't going on in MY America. It's just, you know, the America we all actually happen to live in now, whether we like it or not.

My level of comfortable denial thinned to nothing on this when I realized (you have to look carefully) that the church this took place in isn't far from me... just over and down a bit, in Lexington, KY. I don't know WHY I always feel safer when I read about this stuff happening in some other state, or some other country... it's not like that means anything these days, with the world shrunk by modern technology. But still, somehow, seeing that it happened only a hundred or so miles away made it even scarier.

I have no doubt events like this occur on a nightly basis throughout America; apparently, though, you have to go out on the Internet to learn about it.

Which is, in and of itself, pretty scary, too.

5 comments:

  1. I have to say that something the guy who wrote that said resonated in me.

    When he mentioned that the one time that Christ 'lost it' was when the merchants had taken over one of his Fater's temples, and he ran through the place overturning their tables and whipping them. I think he was right in saying that 'what Jesus would do' at that 'Men's Night Out' would have been to sieze an M-16 and start knee-capping people.

    Using an ostensible 'house of God' to recruit for the military has got to be about the worst possible form of blasphemy. More proof that the so-called 'religious right' is neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tribe Member,

    Thanks for the comment. Love the look on the new blog. Is that a standard template, or did you somehow edit the graphics? And if you did, can you tell me how? I'd love to customize the graphics in my blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, one of the other guys created it, so I have no idea how he did it (it's a shared blog for Tribe members).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and how about an invite so my comments show up right away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, um, it'll send an e-mail to one of my buds... hmm, maybe you should skip the invite. Don't know how the guys will handle your take on comics.

    ReplyDelete

truth