Monday, November 28, 2005

"Tenser!" said the Tensor

Can't be held responsible
she was touching her face
I won't be held respondible
she fell in love in the first place
For the love of me
I cannot remember why
we thought that we were wise
and we'd never compromise
for the love of me
we did not believe
we'd ever die for these sins
we were merely freshmen


That damn song has been in my head since Saturday. SuperGirlfriend and I were out driving around and it played on one of the local stations. I hadn't heard it, or given it a moment's thought, since whatever summer it was big back in the 1990s... and now I can't get it out of my skull.

Usually I can exorcise these things by going out on the 'net and finding out who recorded it, what album it was on, and when it came out. However, when I do a Google search on the lyrics I remember (see above) all that comes up are a couple of sites where other people have also written down the same lyrics, apparently without having any more information than I do as to who actually recorded the song or when it came out.

Frustrating.

I mean, I like the song, pretentious though it is. I'd just like getting it the hell out of my head more.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Sorry dude, 90s music left me flat. The lyrics you typed ring no bells with me at all.

    Catch ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Didn't realize it was eating at you. I did a little looking around and discovered it was the Verve Pipe and the album was "Freshmen" and was released in 1997. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Oops!! Further research netted a slightly different response. The band is correct. The release date of the original album "Villains" was 1996. Apparently, the song...THE FRESHMEN...was released as a single in 1997 and that's the info I had originally picked up. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? See? I'm the luckiest guy in the world. SuperGirlfriend is the expediter of my dreams. Which is MUCH nicer than having Frank Milo do it. ;)

    Thanks, baby. You're a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:35 PM

    I don't know, Baby....you could have Uma Thurman making your monkey bread if you hooked up with Frank Milo....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whattayou, nuts? Those people can get you with SOUP. I ain't messin' with the Money Store. You, baby, are all the expeditors of dreams I could ever wish for.

    Plus, I'm going to assume Frank Milo's [sexual reference deleted] sucks profoundly. Even if it was excellent, though, it couldn't measure up to yours. I am utterly ecstatic and deeply satisfied with what I got. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh... no pun intended in the previous comment. It just came out that way. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

truth