Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A last blast of Christmas

Our long awaited yuletide package from the Always Esteemed Scott arrived today, giving all of us here one last very welcome hit of Merry-Merry before we tuck and fold away the holidays for yet another orbital cycle. Here's what we got:

Me - two burned Barenaked Ladies CDs and three books by Dave Duncan, which promptly went on the newly refurbished In Stack

Tammy - a cookbook

Super Drama Teen - some anime movie she was very happy to get

Super Dependable Teen - a small metal statue of Boba Fett she promptly swooned over

Super Adorable Kid - a ballerina doll that has been cheerfully accepted into the posse of ballerina dolls that already lives on her bed

We all thank you hugely, Scott, and I myself hope you and your son are getting some enjoyment out of the Box o' Clix I sent your way.

Merry Christmas -- for the last time until next December!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to add my very heartfelt thanks to Scott for thinking of me and the girls. Each gift was so personally thoughtful and just reinforces how lucky I am to have glommed on to Highlander's posse of very wonderful friends.

    Thanks, again, Scott and best wishes for a Happy 2007 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Yay!
    I'm so very glad that a) the package arrived intact and before spring and b) that everyone was happy with what they got.
    Tammy: Highlander says your a fantastic cook, which I don't doubt - the cookbook I sent is one of my favourites, and one I use all the time.

    Highlander: Heh - you got barenaked ladies for Christmas. The Dave Duncan series is not his best (that'd be A MAN OF HIS WORD, which is really hard to find) but is still very good. It borrows heavily from LORD OF LIGHT for its ideas, but Duncan is a good enough writer that it doesn't come off as a theft.

    I'm thrilled that the girls liked their stuff; I'm just sorry that it didn't get there in tim for Christmas. Oh well, maybe next year.

    Happy New Year to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

truth