Monday, April 16, 2007

Marital bliss


So, SuperFiancee and I exchanged wedding gifts today. I got her a crappy little charm bracelet-watch, which wasn't what she asked me for, but, you know, sometimes I'm just a jerk. (Okay, actually, she'd long ago mentioned she'd love to have a charm bracelet, and she'd also mentioned she badly wanted a new watch, so I took a shot in the dark and, well, turns out, she wants one or the other, but not a combination of the two, so, I'm an idiot, but, you know, I'll make it up to her later.)

What did she get for me?

Well, kindly remember how I'm the Luckiest Man Alive, when I advise you that she got me... a KINGDOM COME GREEN LANTERN HEROCLIX FIGURE. It's not much of a present, only the rarest, most valuable HeroClix figure there is, and the most coveted Heroclix fig I had yet to get into my avaricious little grasp, prior to tonight.

He now rests securely with the rest of my Kingdom Come figures, ready to thrash the ass off anyone foolish enough to so much as sneer in their general direction.

No, no, none of you may marry SuperFiancee. She is allllllll mine. You may, if you wish, kiss the hem of her garment. But no tongue! That's disgusting.

On a more serious note, and to SuperFiancee -- thank you, baby. Every minute of every day you make me realize anew that I am indeed the luckiest human being who has ever drawn breath, but some minutes, you manage to make me realize it even more intensely than otherwise. I adore you.

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention wanting a new watch? I don't recall...;)

    You make me pretty happy, too, Sweetie. And my new watch is beautiful and I love it. So, cut it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I saw that one was in the works, but somehow managed to keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete

truth