Thursday, October 10, 2013

Joss Whedon, Lord Emperor of Greater Douchelvania

I'm late to the party on this, but a quick search on 'Hank Pym in AVENGERS movie' brings me many links confirming that Joss Whedon is a gigantic bag of dicks who will never ever put Hank Pym into an AVENGERS movie. 

Wait. Did I just jump to an enormous conclusion? Well, whatever.

It is apparently confirmed by Whedon himself that although Ultron is the villain of the next AVENGERS movie, Whedon has magnanimously decided to change Ultron's origin so as to completely exclude any mention of Hank Pym.

If Whedon's going to use Ultron while excluding Pym, my presumption has to be, Whedon has no intention of ever putting Pym into the Avengers movie franchise.

Following on that presumption, Whedon is a gigantic back of dicks.

Following on THAT presumption, I don't even know if I want to watch any more AVENGERS movies if Whedon is involved with them.

If I had had the power to do so, I would have forestalled any production of any AVENGERS movie that did not include some version of Hank and Janet Pym. And it would have had to be a positive, heroic version, not Douchebag Hank and dumbass Jan from ULTIMATES.

But I did not have that power. And I don't have the power to do anything about Whedon doing another AVENGERS movie without Pym.

But I do have the power to not watch the fucker, and that's where I think I am right now.

2 comments:

  1. Where to start? First, Marvel Studios has no interest in establishing Hank or Jan as heroes. Their Ant Man film has been "in the works" since 2006, apparently solely due to the enthusiasm of Edgar Wright. Early versions of the script were comedies, though thankfully that seems to have been dropped. Also, note that the animated "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was dropped last year in favor of "Avengers Assemble" with the concurrent disappearance of Hank and Jan in favor of Clint and Natasha. (I quite liked EMH, although they burned through story arcs really fast: they went from the origin of the Avengers to the Kree-Skrull War in 2 seasons...)

    Second, these Avengers appear to be the Ultimates versions. I've declined to get involved in anything Ultimate-related, so I'm no expert on Earth-1610. I know they're not Earth-616, at least.

    I think you should vent your wrath on Kevin Feige instead. Joss seems to be a latecomer to the anti-Pym club.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the idiots behind ULTIMATES were wise enough to know you can't do AVENGERS without the Pyms. I'll grant you the Ultimates versions of the Pyms were as obnoxious as the rest of them, but, still, the team had Pyms in it.

    The movie Avengers are not the Ultimates versions. Nor are they the mainstream Marvel versions. They seem to borrow elements from both continuities as far as character histories go, but the movie Avengers are, individually and as a team, nowhere near as douchebaggy, obnoxious, and anti-heroic (Mark Millar's specialties, he apparently loathes the very concept of heroism) as the actual ULTIMATES.


    I'm fine with Movie Marvel having its own continuity; the fact that I expect such things is the only reason I'll be able to watch CAPTAIN AMERICA 2... as in Marvel continuity, I am so bitterly opposed to the resurrection of Bucky that there are no words adequate to describe it.

    But, having said that, I am sick to death of Pym hate.

    ReplyDelete

truth