Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Super Christmas with SuperGirlfriend


Who's the luckiest man alive? I'll give you a hint; it isn't you. No, it's me, the only man privileged to live with the greatest girlfriend in the world, as well as the SuperKids.

The pic to the left is an unfortunately blurry image of what awaited me last night when SuperGirlfriend brought me home from work... an early Christmas present, in the form of a Christmas tree set up in the section of the apartment where my comics bookshelves and HeroClix case are. As you can see, the tree is entirely bedecked with superhero themed decorations, from an amazing looking running Flash through Wonder Woman, Clark Kent in a phone booth, Spider Man, the Green Goblin, a few X-Men (including my favorite, Cyclops, and my least favorite, Wolverine, with an 'ehhhhh who cares' Storm rounding out the set), Hellboy, a miniature SuperFriends lunch box, Captain America, and a string of Hulk-head Christmas lights!

What's weird is that just the other day, while we were decorating a small tree in the two older SuperKids' room (which is otherwise given over to a superhero theme, and is in fact exactly the room I wanted when I was a kid, and now I can't have it, wahhhh), I said something like "You know, we should totally decorate this tree in a superhero motif". SuperGirlfriend laughed maniacally, and then promptly had to run off and email Mike Norton about some secret Christmas surprise she'd been working on for me (whenever I asked her about it, she'd shake her fist at me and tell me I'd better "dummy up"), and she just chortled non stop about it all weekend. So, finally I know what's so funny.

It's an amazing present, and if you look hard at that pic, you'll realize that at probably something averaging $5 an ornament, a pretty expensive one, too.

There are no words for how delighted I was when I saw the tree, or how big and dopey a grin I get on my face every time I walk past it.

I can't wait 'til Christmas when I can see what else I got! :)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    what do you mean what else you got? That was it. There's no more stuff. Merry Christmas. We can take down the decorations whenever you want...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Yes, she'd been collecting these bits and pieces for weeks and was especially happy when you mentioned how cool a themed tree would be just after she'd gathered enough pieces to pull it off.

    The Christmas (well, given several of the ornaments, maybe X-Mas is more appropriate) season is off to a great start.

    The Hulk lights are a bizarre touch, giving it a strange rage theme.

    Our tree is up as of last night, but the decoration have been put off until later today because I need to address a problem with the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy! How dare you ruin the "Stan Lee No-Prize" Christmas morning surprise theme?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamz,

    You're not foolin' anyone, you know.

    Mike,

    It is a very cool tree. And Tammy likes to be called "Tammy Lynn" when you scold her.

    As to the Stan Lee No Prize Christmas, see my comment to Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:54 PM

    I'm foolin' EVERYone. They all still think I'm nice. If I didn't have you protecting my secret identity (Uber Bitch...able to chew up contractors and spit them out), they'd totally know the truth. See. I'm all about the foolin' people.

    Um, and you ain't gettin' no mo' X-mas. You've been too bad anyway. Tammy Lynn...indeed.....;)

    ReplyDelete

truth